PWC Arts Grants
*In lieu of the workshop being presented (March 17th), please click here to access the PowerPoint presentation. Please ensure that you have reviewed all slides and notes attached to each slide. The timeline for submission of Grants remains the same. All grant submissions must be received at the Hellwig Administrative Building.
Basic Eligibility The Prince William County Department of Parks and Recreation will consider grant applications for any organization which: is recognized as a non-profit and exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(a), which includes the 501(c) 3 designation, of the Internal Revenue code for at least one year and has completed a season of programs. (Exception is for organizations applying for New & Emerging Grants);
- produce, present, support or provide educational opportunities for dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, visual, and related arts;
- comply with Title VI, Section 601, of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which states that no person, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance;
- comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 which state that no otherwise qualified person shall, solely by reason of his or her handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance;
- are based in Prince William County, Manassas and/or Manassas Park by meeting, rehearsing, exhibiting and operating within this community;
- have 80% members or participants from the community or 70% of services or programs offered within Prince William County, Manassas and/or Manassas Park;
submitted all required final reports for previous grant(s) received from Prince William County;
Applications for New & Emerging Grants must have applied for 501(c) 3 status, have founding documents, a Board of Directors, and organizational bylaws.
NOTE: Prince William County Arts Council affiliation is not a requirement to apply for General Operating or New & Emerging grant funds.
PWC Arts Grants Panel Members
Six panel members review and score grant applications for non-profit arts organizations wishing to receive funding allocated by the Prince William County Government. These six individuals bring significant levels of experience to the grant review process in areas such as financial management, grant analysis, public relations and marketing, arts education, arts funding and arts performance.
LOGO: PWC Parks Recreation & Tourism
Click here to download. (Open link, Right Click Image, Select Save As).