PWC Arts Grants
IMPORTANT GRANT SUBMISSION UPDATE
We are in a new age of progress. As a result of the COVID-19 and mandates being exercised, the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism have had to make changes in how business is conducted. The Prince William County Arts Council will be moving into a new era of Grant applications processes. Please review the outline of procedures below for proper adherence to new submission structures.
All grant applicants must submit their grant applications to email@example.com or mail/drop off to Arts Recreation Specialist, George Hellwig Administration 14420 Bristow Road, Manassas, Va. 20112 no later than 4:59 pm Monday April 19th
All grant applications must be completed using the PDF fillable Standard/Short forms found below.
All applications need to be complete to include signatures (electronic or scanned), attachments of financials, promotions, etc.
A (1) hard copy of the grant application must be mailed to Arts Recreation Specialist at DPRT Hellwig Administrative Building, 14420 Bristow Road, Manassas, VA 20112.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Janet LaFleur firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Grants Workshop Presentation
View the presentation from the grant workshop.
Basic Eligibility The Prince William County Department of Parks and Recreation will consider grant applications for any organization which: is recognized as a non-profit and exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(a), which includes the 501(c) 3 designation, of the Internal Revenue code for at least one year and has completed a season of programs. (Exception is for organizations applying for New & Emerging Grants);
- produce, present, support or provide educational opportunities for dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, visual, and related arts;
- comply with Title VI, Section 601, of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which states that no person, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance;
- comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 which state that no otherwise qualified person shall, solely by reason of his or her handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance;
- are based in Prince William County, Manassas and/or Manassas Park by meeting, rehearsing, exhibiting and operating within this community;
- have 80% members or participants from the community or 70% of services or programs offered within Prince William County, Manassas and/or Manassas Park;
submitted all required final reports for previous grant(s) received from Prince William County;
Applications for New & Emerging Grants must have applied for 501(c) 3 status, have founding documents, a Board of Directors, and organizational bylaws.
NOTE: Prince William County Arts Council affiliation is not a requirement to apply for General Operating or New & Emerging grant funds.
PWC Arts Grants Panel Members
Six panel members review and score grant applications for non-profit arts organizations wishing to receive funding allocated by the Prince William County Government. These six individuals bring significant levels of experience to the grant review process in areas such as financial management, grant analysis, public relations and marketing, arts education, arts funding and arts performance.
LOGO: PWC Parks Recreation & Tourism
Click here to download. (Open link, Right Click Image, Select Save As).